Robert (Bob) L. Craig, Jr., P.C
|Practice Areas:||Contact Information:
First Bank Centre
Bob Craig is a senior partner in the law firm with 32 years of litigation experience. Because of his trial experience and quality of work, he has been recognized as a Diplomate of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is a Fellow of the Litigation Council of America and in the College of Master Advocates and Barristers. Bob has an active trial practice in the West Texas area and tries many cases in federal court. He has served on the Federal Court Advisory Committee for the Northern District of Texas from 1999 to 2009. His areas of practice in insurance defense include personal injury, trucking litigation, products liability and construction law. Bob has also represented and tried numerous professional malpractice cases. In addition, he is active in the area of employment law.
Bob was designated as America’s Top 100 Attorneys (Northern Texas) and as a Top Lawyer of Texas in 2016.
He is a long-time member of DRI and TADC.
Southern Methodist University, J.D. (1976)
Texas Tech University, BBA with honors (1973)
State Bar of Texas, 1976
U. S. District Court for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Texas Association of Defense Council (TADC) and Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Cases Litigated by Practice Area
- General negligence/premises liability:
- Faulkenberry v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. – represented Wal-Mart in a trip and fall case – U. S. District Court, Northern District of Texas/Lubbock Division
- Hutton, et al v Amarillo Truck Center, et al – represented Amarillo Truck Center in a death case – 108th District Court of Potter County, Texas
- Dominguez V. Endeavor Energy, et al – represented Endeavor Energy in a personal injury motorcycle accident – 238th District Court of Midland County
- Debusk, et al v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. – represented Wal-Mart in a wrongful death slip and fall – U. S. District Court, Northern District of Texas/ Lubbock Division
- McDorman, et al v. Texas Cola Leasing, et al – represented Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) in death and brain injury lawsuit involving multiple vehicles – U. S. District Court, Northern District of Texas/Abilene Division
- McCarty, et al v. Gilpin and Phi Delta Theta Fraternity, represented National Fraternity in personal injury claim involving alcohol served at a fraternity party – 237th District Court, Lubbock County, Texas
- Mullins, et Al v. Delta Sigma Phi, et al – represented local Chapter at Texas Tech University in a sleep deprivation wrongful death claim – 237th District Court, Lubbock County, Texas
- Flores v. Cajun Operating Company – represented Church’s Chicken in a slip and fall claim – 99th District Court of Lubbock County, Texas
- Rebecca Segura V. Wal-mart Stores, Inc. – represented Wal-Mart in a slip and fall case. Court granted Motion for Summary Judgment – 238th District Court of Midland County, Texas
- Vanessa Amber Williams, Renetta Kay Nichols and Carolyn Rae Maze v. Pennie Kay Roberts.
- Brian Jackson, Individually and as Representative of the Estate of Charles Wherry Jackson, Deceased v. Michelin NOrth America, Inc., Mal Enterprises, INc. and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Dola Jane Woodson v. Wal-Mart, Inc.
- Professional Liability:
- Jones v. Garner, Lovell, et al – defended attorneys in professional malpractice claim – 251st District Court of Potter County, Texas
- Pruitt v. Lepard – defended accountant in professional malpractice claim – 121st District Court of Terry County, Texas
- Pete’s Car Smart, Inc. v. Mike Poole Agency, et al – defendant an insurance agent in a professional malpractice clam – 320th District Court of Potter County, Texas
- Rychelle L. McCroskey, et al v. Happy State Bank, et al – represent law firm in professional liability issues – 108th District Court of Potter County, Texas
- CBJ Farms, Evergreen Farms and Tradition Farms v. Michael Davis, Agsure, Inc. and The Hardford Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Jay Gannaway and Stephenie Gannaway, Individually and as Next Friends of Bowen Dean Gannaway, a Minor Child v Tommy Turner.
- Trucking Litigation:
- Gholson v. Transwood Trucking, et al – represented Transwood in trucking accident – U. S. District Court, Northern District of Texas/Wichita Falls Division
- Sultzbach v. Cross Country Carriers, et al – represented Cross Country in trucking accident – U. S. District Court, Northern District of Texas/ Amarillo Division
- Daniels V. DG Trucking – represented Defendant in trucking accident – 47th District Court, Randall County, Texas
- Hill V. Hogan Motor Leasing, et al – representing Hogan in trucking accident death case – 118th District Court of Martin County, Texas
- Allen, et al v. Daniel, et al – representing motor home manufacturer Fleetwood in multiple party wrongful death and personal injury claims – 223rd District Court of Gray County, Texas
- Aaron Keith Foshee v. Transam Trucking, Inc., Raymond Edward Neil, Jr., JP Liquids, LLC and Mary Ellen Melvin, Dependent Administrator of the Estate of Robert Clifford Melvin, Jr., Deceased.
- Johnnie Boatmun, the Temporary Guardian of Shawnna Renee Elieff v. Cactus Trucking & Oilfield Services, LLC, T-4 Transport, Inc. and Phillip L. Gibson
- Breeden v. Alltel Communications – represented Alltel in wrongful termination case – U. S. District Court, Northern District of Texas/Lubbock Division
- Weller v. South Plains Rural Health Services – representing Defendant in wrongful termination case – U. S. District Court, Northern District of Texas/Lubbock Division
- Franks v. Town & Country Food Stores Inc. – represented Town & Country in work termination claim – 237th District Court of Lubbock County, Texas
- Meza v. Excel Corporation – represented employer in arbitration of employment dispute
- Clayborn v. Excel Corporation – represented employer in arbitration of employment dispute
- Martha Ellerbrook v. City of Lubbock – represented City of Lubbock in wrongful termination lawsuit
- Asher Logistics, LLC – represent Asher Logistics, LLC in employer/employee relations matters
- Oilfield/Industrial Claims:
- Ruiz v. Patterson UTI, et al – representing Anchor Drilling in wrongful death oil field accident – 132nd District Court of Scurry County, Texas
- Garrett v. Patterson UTI and Ricky White – representing Ricky White in wrongful death oil field accident case – 237th District Court of Lubbock County, Texas
- Howell, et al v. Hixson Hot Oil Service, et al – representing Defendant Hixson in oil field accident personal injury case – 84th District Court of Ochiltree County, Texas
- Tankersley, et al v. Trumble Crane, et al – represented the crane company in industrial accident wrongful death claim – 72nd District Court, Lubbock County, Texas
- Oballe v. Hatchett Backhoe, et al – represented Hatchett Backhoe in wrongful death explosion case – 118th District Court of Howard County, Texas
- Donald K. Fincher and Susan K. Fincher v. Venables Welding & Roustabout, Inc. D/B/A Venable’s Construction Inc.
- Javier Soto v. C. Hinton Enterprises, INc. and Lariat Services, Inc.
Community Activities, Honors and Awards
Lubbock ISD School Board Trustees, 1988-2002 (President 1990-1992; 2000-2002); Texas State Board of Education, 2003-2012; Rotary Club of Lubbock (President 1993-1994); Board of Directors of Texas Tech University Foundation 1996-2001; Leadership Lubbock Distinguished Alumni Award (sponsored by Lubbock Chamber of Commerce, 1991); Lubbock Area Bar Association Outstanding Young Lawyer, 1983; Boss of the Year, Lubbock Legal Secretaries Association, 1996-1997; Lt, USAR; Eagle Scout